Právě je úte 19. bře 2024 12:00:27

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 34 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2, 3  Další
Autor Zpráva
PříspěvekNapsal: sob 10. led 2009 21:37:00 
nováček

Hello guys!!

Just found this forum and read a lot about your tests!! Unfortunately I don't speak Czech, so I translated every thread with Google, which didn't work very well.

I'm using a Bel 966R with feedhorn for a better detection and must say it works great!!

However I've tested some detectors in Germany and Austria, but nobody could outrun my 966R!

Some friends from Spain told me, that the Bel 975e (with BC serial) should even have better distances. Combined with a feedhorn, even better than an STI-R!! :roll:

So, whats your recommandation against Multanova 6F with 34,3 GHz??

Btw, are Radars measuring from behind in CZ??

Odpovědět s citací  
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 12:45:00 
člen

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have any experience with Bel 966 so I can not provide any info, but I'm quite interested in one thing from your question.

nano píše:
I'm using a Bel 966R with feedhorn for a better detection and must say it works great!!

The use of feedhorn sounds like an interesting idea. Could you please provide some further info about it? Also some picture(s) would be great.

nano píše:
Btw, are Radar measuring from behind in CZ??

In CZ they measure from both directions. I would say that rear measurement is used more often than the front one (easier radar placement which is usualy mounted on the car)

Odpovědět s citací  
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 13:44:00 
nováček

Hello msp_x!!

msp_x píše:
The use of feedhorn sounds like an interesting idea. Could you please provide some further info about it? Also some picture(s) would be great.

Ižm using a ?HDR HH+ ROHS? feedhorn from Todoradares with -20dB/cm2 gain. This cone is also suitable for the Bel 975e.

That the 975e with horn extension can also beat the STI-R, was proven many times by members of the Todoradares forum.

You can find pictures of the horn extension on the homepage of the producer: Todoradares" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" class="postlink">http://www.todoradares.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=3&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=16&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26]Todoradares
There is also a ?Tapa? available, which is just a covering for the horn made of plastic, to provide dirt or snow inside. The ?Tapa? doesnžt affect the detection range in any way.

Owner of the 975e should definitely think about buying such a cone. My average on Multanova 6F from behind is between 250 ? 300m. The highest was 500m.

The only disadvantage is the size: The cone needs 8 cm more length.

msp_x píše:
Pro admina: toto vlakno by se melo presunout do kategorie BEL (this thread should be moved to category BEL Detectors)

Sorry, my primarily question was about the best detector against Multanova!! But if it's a Bel than you are right!! :D

I'm just asking because i could get a 975e to test, but nobody is using this device in our area, so i have to ask above frontier.
K Band false alarms doesn't matter, because there are no such radars used here.

edit: By the way is there a difference between the normal Bel 975e and the CZ version??

Odpovědět s citací  
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 14:38:00 
člen

nano píše:
Hello msp_x!!

msp_x píše:

Ižm using a ?HDR HH+ ROHS? feedhorn from Todoradares with -20dB/cm2 gain. This cone is also suitable for the Bel 975e.

That the 975e with horn extension can also beat the STI-R, was proven many times by members of the Todoradares forum.

You can find pictures of the horn extension on the homepage of the producer: Todoradares" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" class="postlink">http://www.todoradares.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=3&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=16&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26]Todoradares

Owner of the 975e should definitely think about buying such a cone. My average on Multanova 6F from behind is between 250 ? 300m. The highest was 500m.

There is an interesting stuff on that page. So this is just passive extension of the current antenna? Have you noticed any improvement? I need to ask because the distances mentioned by you (250-300m) are quite common with 975E without this horn - tested with other radar (Ramer) which has even lower transmit power than multanova.

nano píše:
edit: By the way is there a difference between the normal Bel 975e and the CZ version??

As I know there is currently no difference. CZ version applies to earlier versions of detectors where customised firmware was loaded - especialy because of detection of radars around 34.0GHz whose are commonly used in CZ. 975Euro has these frequencies already programmed. However, I don't know if 975e sold in Spain is the same as the CZ one.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 15:40:00 
člen

Antiradary BEL píše:
Anglicky zas tak moc neumim, ale co jsem pochopil, tak tohle je pro ceske uzivatele uplne mimo misu. BEL 966R je jenom kastrovana verze BEL 975 Remote, kterou Beltronics nejakou dobu delal pro celoeuropskeho dealera Target Automotive a ma prakticky stejne stejny HW jako analogicky BEL 975 Remote z toho obdobi, ale Ka narrow ma jenom 34.30 GHz, takze pro CR je absolutne nevhodny.Jeste drive se takto delala verze BEL 815/915 (a mozna i 975) bez laseroveho cidla pod nazvem Stinger Ventura.

Ja to pochopil tak, ze momentalne ma Bel 966r, ma moznost ziskani 975e (tedy asi tu 38GHz verzi) a ted jen zjistuje, jestli si pomuze s detekci multanov (34.3). Radary na 34GHz ho az tak nezajimaji.

Antiradary BEL píše:
S prodluzovanim anteny se delaly pokusy i u nas, hodne se tim zabyval 1100xx a chvilku s tim blbnul i Robert (znama Gambrinus antena :D ), ale vsichni se shodli na tom, ze tudy cesta nevede, z detektoru se stane montrum a zisk je mensi nez od kvalitni SW upravy. S 1100xx jsme takto testovali RX65 USA + 10-15 cm externi antena vs. BEL 965 CZ a CZ verze to vyhrala rozdilem nekolika trid.

Ve VF technice obecne plati, ze nejlepsim zesilovacem je antena, takze az tak zcestna idea to neni a s dobrym FW to muze byt zajimave. Mohu vedet vysledky testu s antenou u CZ verze vs CZ verze bez anteny? Jestli se tato kombinace testovala.

Pokud ale nekdo zminuje monstrum, tak at se podiva co jsem nasel na drive odkazovanych strankach: http://www.todoradares.com/filtro-vav-anti-ddr-de-todoradares/menu-id-1015 Tohle jen proto, aby se snizilo vyzarovani detektoru a tim nemoznost detekce detektorem detektoru radaru.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 16:19:00 
nováček

Hello guys,

would it be possible to go on in English, because how I mentioned above i don't understand one word Czech and the Google translator doesn't really work very well.

So unfortunately i don't have any clue what you are talking about!! :D

msp_x píše:
So this is just passive extension of the current antenna? Have you noticed any improvement?

Yes, you can attach the horn easily on the antenna. No need for screws or sticky tape!

I was doing a lot of tests and the horn improved my warning distances a lot. Without horn warning distances about 50 metres were not uncommon. But i think the problem here are our radar housings, which shields the radar waves a lot. Tests in Switzerland with one and the same detector and radar (they also use Multanova 6F 34,3) showed, that the distances are abnormal high there.

msp_x píše:
I need to ask because the distances mentioned by you (250-300m) are quite common with 975E without this horn - tested with other radar (Ramer) which has even lower transmit power than multanova.

Really?? And what are your distances against Multanova with a Bel 975e??

msp_x píše:
Pokud ale nekdo zminuje monstrum, tak at se podiva co jsem nasel na drive odkazovanych strankach: http://www.todoradares.com/filtro-vav-anti-ddr-de-todoradares/menu-id-1015 Tohle jen proto, aby se snizilo vyzarovani detektoru a tim nemoznost detekce detektorem detektoru radaru.

I wouldn't really recommd this type of filter, because it's just too heavy and big. If you need a really good RDD filter (are RDDs even used in CZ?) you will be happy with the "Enerby filter". The horn in front increases also detection range and is non-sensitive to the polarisation of a radar --> So can place the antenna horizontal or vertical, it just doesn't matter.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 19:49:00 
štamgast

Antiradary BEL píše:
Anglicky zas tak moc neumim, ale co jsem pochopil, tak tohle je pro ceske uzivatele uplne mimo misu. BEL 966R je jenom kastrovana verze BEL 975 Remote, kterou Beltronics nejakou dobu delal pro celoeuropskeho dealera Target Automotive a ma prakticky stejne stejny HW jako analogicky BEL 975 Remote z toho obdobi, ale Ka narrow ma jenom 34.30 GHz, takze pro CR je absolutne nevhodny.Jeste drive se takto delala verze BEL 815/915 (a mozna i 975) bez laseroveho cidla pod nazvem Stinger Ventura.

S prodluzovanim anteny se delaly pokusy i u nas, hodne se tim zabyval 1100xx a chvilku s tim blbnul i Robert (znama Gambrinus antena :D ), ale vsichni se shodli na tom, ze tudy cesta nevede, z detektoru se stane montrum a zisk je mensi nez od kvalitni SW upravy. S 1100xx jsme takto testovali RX65 USA + 10-15 cm externi antena vs. BEL 965 CZ a CZ verze to vyhrala rozdilem nekolika trid.

Rozdil mezi standardni BEL 975 EURO a verzi, ktera se dodava do CR je v naladeni 1. frekvence v Ka narrow modu, bezna EURO verze ji ma 33.8 GHz, verze pro CZ a SK ji ma 34.0 GHz: http://www.target-automotive.nl/en/product-catalogus/Radar-Detectors/Beltronics/Bel-975E/975E/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Brief translation:
Bel 966R is only poor version of Bel 975 Remote with the same HW, BUT Ka narrow is just 34,40GHz, that means this device is absolutely out of place for usege in CZ.
We were testing additional feedhorn too, the result was that the gain is too dismissible to use this solution. Much better way is to do quality modification of SW.
The difference between 975e sold in CZ and in the rest of Europe is, that our 975e has 34,0Ghz instaed of 33,80GHz in the first Ka narrow mode.

Protected by Protector 950M CZ + AL Priority

F*CK THE STRICT LIABILITY

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 20:22:00 
člen

nano píše:
Hello guys,

would it be possible to go on in English, because how I mentioned above i don't understand one word Czech and the Google translator doesn't really work very well.

So unfortunately i don't have any clue what you are talking about!! :D

Sorry, some guys don't speak english so we had to do some czech conversation.

nano píše:
I was doing a lot of tests and the horn improved my warning distances a lot. Without horn warning distances about 50 metres were not uncommon. But i think the problem here are our radar housings, which shields the radar waves a lot. Tests in Switzerland with one and the same detector and radar (they also use Multanova 6F 34,3) showed, that the distances are abnormal high there.

Interesting you observed such improvement. Some test with external antenna were made here as well but the results were much worse. We probably won't help you more since multanovas are not used in CZ.

nano píše:
msp_x píše:

I wouldn't really recommd this type of filter, because it's just too heavy and big. If you need a really good RDD filter (are RDDs even used in CZ?) you will be happy with the "Enerby filter". The horn in front increases also detection range and is non-sensitive to the polarisation of a radar --> So can place the antenna horizontal or vertical, it just doesn't matter.

This was not recommendation. I just pointed to a radar-detector-monster :D

But the result for you is that the sensitivity of current 975e would be probably about the same as at your 966r (without external horn of course). There might be only improvement in decrease of false alerts.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 21:40:00 
nováček

Thanks for translation!!

msp_x píše:
Interesting you observed such improvement. Some test with external antenna were made here as well but the results were much worse.

You have to pay attention to the serialnumber. In the past Beltronics often changes the position of the antenna (975R). So there are different feedhorns for different version of the Bel 975R.

Search on youtube for Bel 975R and Bel 975R. There are plenty of videos showing the difference between with and without a feedhorn. More information is also on the forum of todoradares.

msp_x píše:
We probably won't help you more since multanovas are not used in CZ.

OK!! I thought i saw some videos with multanovas from you guys, but maybe I missunderstood something!!

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 21:49:00 
štamgast

nano píše:
OK!! I thought i saw some videos with multanovas from you guys, but maybe I missunderstood something!!

We'd like to help you but Police don't use Multanova in our country. Used is Ramer on 34,0 and 34,3GHz with another transnmitting power. But not Multanova.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 22:38:00 
štamgast

Navrhuji, aby se v tomto tematu psalo jen anglicky nebo česko-anglicky. Bylo by to fér k jeho zakladateli. Nevadí, že někteří z nás moc neumí anglicky, není se za co stydět.

I make a suggestion to write only English or Czech-English in this topic. It would be polite to the founder.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 23:00:00 
nováček

shwaara píše:
I make a suggestion to write only English or Czech-English in this topic. It would be polite to the founder.

:D
Thank you for your efforts, but my question was already answered!! I was just interested in your experiences against Multanova.

Nevertheless, i wish you all a happy new year!!

And if you have any questions about Germany, Austria or Switzerland don't hesitate to ask.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 23:15:00 
štamgast

OK, could you briefly summarize ways of speed maesurement including frequences in Austria? thx

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 23:44:00 
nováček

shwaara píše:
OK, could you briefly summarize ways of speed maesurement including frequences in Austria? thx

Well, this is really briefly answered: Multanova 6F, f=34,36 GHz

:D

In some areas of Austria there are still some Traffipax microspeeds which uses the Ku Band on 13,450 GHz. But only stationary and these types are really rare. I guess maybe 5 in entire Austria.

edit: I forgot about Siemens ERS400 on the K Band. But thes radars are just used stationary and also not on the highway. For these radar it's better to use Radar POIs (like www.scdb.info), instead of turning on the K band and live with a lot of false alarms.

So if you are just driving with Ka Band on, you will be fine. On the highway there are just Multanovas.

Laserguns are ~99% LTI 20.20 Marksman. If you are really lucky you can find LTI Ultralyte, Riegl LR 90-235/P, Riegl FG21-P.
But at the moment there is a test going on from our traffic department, which is testing the light barrier "Eso ES3.0" and the laser system PoliscanSpeed from Vitronic.
The ES3.0 can't be detected or jammed by any device. The detection range against PoliscanSpeed is very high, but this system can also not be jammed.

What i just was thinking of: Is the new law in CZ already in force, which makes a execution about traffic penaltys up to 70? in the entire EU possible??
You can find the law abstract here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.dožuri=OJ:L:2005:076:0016:0030:CS:PDF

Naposledy upravil nano dne ne leden 11, 2009 10:59 pm, celkově upraveno 1 krát.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: ned 11. led 2009 23:57:00 
nováček

davidt píše:
Radar detectors are illegal to use in these countries, right? Do you know anyone who got caught with detector? What are possible fines? I´ve heard, that in Swiss it´s not only illegal to use detector but to own one as well.

Austria:
Operating is illegal, trading and possession is no problem.
We have one case going on right now, where a V1 was confiscated by our police. There are no fines known, till our telecommunication law was changed a few years ago. Fines are up to 4.000?, but normally you will pay just 100?, I guess. Your RD is gone.

Germany:
Operating is illegal, trading and possession is no problem.
Fines are 75? and 4 points in Flensburg.

Switzerland:
Everything is forbidden there. Even radar POIs on your navigation system.
Keep away from this country, because it seems that the government has something against car driver. Penaltys for speeding is enormous high. 1 km/h above the speed limit costs you 26?.
And there is a lot of technique used on the street: Radar, Laser, Provida, Traffic Observer!!

RDDs are not used in any of these countries.

Odpovědět s citací  
Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 34 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2, 3  Další

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]